[0.32.1] - 2020-11-05
- Effect activation listener
- Unity: Separate render target for beauty scene for the LUTs
- Decreases CPU load on MacOS
- Crash during effect preload
- Mesh trembling with fast face tracking
- Unity: Aspect of Background segmentation
- Crash during fast effect switching
[0.32.0] - 2020-10-20
- New background model
- New WebAR API
- WebAR quickstart Demo app
- WebAR beauty demo app
- Native OSX camera implementation
- Web and Desktop getting started added
- Possibility to customize capture session preset (iOS)
- Desktop apps examples for Win and Mac
- Demo effects without face recognition
- Xcode 12 support
- Eye corrector v2.0: improved stability and performance
- Makeup API improvements
- Use setBackgroundTexture with absolute path
- Face tracking stability and performance optimization
- Update offline face tracking (Android)
- Separate mask for neck smoothing feature
- Crash with effect reset (Android)
- Missing logs in Viewer Standalone
- Android video player loop
- Memory leak on desktop when using animated textures
- Quickstart example apps fixes
- Unity background fix
- ARKit face detection failure
[0.31.0] - 2020-08-27
- SDK Features control and repacking with client token and client config
- Minimal SDK archive
- SDK build for MacOS
- Makeup transfer feature
- Photo online processing in Banuba Viewer
- Ability to enable effects and neural networks without face recognizer
- Eye brows segmentation NN
- Neck smoothing neural network
- Set camera FPS mode on Android (fixed/adaptive)
- Represent SDK frames as OpenGL textures (WebRTC for Android)
- New beautification API
- Updated Background Segmentation neural network for standalone builds
- Face recognizer work on full frame
- Landmarks smooth filter
- Updated eyes corrector
- Updated face recognition neural network
- Unity scene works in full screen mode
- OpenCV updated to 4.3.0
- Range android devices hardware class and max resolution for it
- Unity plane does not update rect
- Video player fix
- Heart rate measurement with neural network face search
- Segmentation neural networks work with arkit
- Unity WebGL build
- Fix Unity failure on Win platform
- Crashes on effect unload
- Correctly handle MRT rendering into background camera texture
- Black screen on devices with ARKit
- Background segmentation on Win x86
- WebAR SDK blocks Backspace key
- Banuba SDK work on devices with iOS 14
[0.30.2] - 2020-07-15
- Second mask freezes on the screen in scene effects
[0.30.1] - 2020-07-14
- Eyes correction feature
- Hide Boost symbols
- Asynchrony of sound and video after file import
- iOS: App freezes after background in Editing mode
- Android beauty: Screen is flashing after launch
- Crash on Editing Image
- App crashed in editing mod on iPhone XS Max
- EffectPlayer is not launched from 1st time
- Second face is missed if to use front Camera (with ARKit)
[0.30.0] - 2020-06-11
- WebAR support for Unity platform
- Background segmentation for Unity platform
- Max Faces support in client token
- Videocall example for iOS
- Minimal configuration of Banuba SDK
- EffectPlayer EffectManager
- EP version has changed to 5.6
- Enable bitcode by default (iOS)
- Compilation error on Ubuntu
- Body segmentation neural network rotation
- Viewer Standalone build
- MSVC x64 Eigen crash
- App won't throw exception when neural network resources are missing
- Optimized face beautification
- Fix audio session (iOS)
- Bakground segmentation failures (iOS)
- Creepy smile fixes
- Portrait match fixes
- Skin smoothing fixes
[0.29.1] - 2020-05-19
- Crash on Android with neural face recognition
[0.29.0] - 2020-04-30
- Creepy smile neural network (iOS)
- Manual audio session in BNBEffectPlayer (https://docs.banuba.com/face-ar-sdk/overview/migration_guides#to-version-029x)
- Skin smoothing neural network (iOS)
- New face recognition and trackig algorithm for offline (Android)
- Banuba Viewer color picker reacts to background and lips neural networks
- Make WebAR SDK ES6 module
- Updated llvm backend for WebAR
- WebAR improvements
- Lips segmentation on Android HQ photo
- Memset buffer overflow when using Action Units
- Jaw mesh stretching fix in face trackig algorithm
[0.28.3] - 2020-04-29
- Enabled bitcode in iOS release
- Portrait match technology
[0.28.2] - 2020-04-22
- Portrait match technology
[0.28.1] - 2020-04-09
- Update Effect Player for video calls, support callkit audio session specifics
- Switch to fast face recognition algorithm for weak iOS devices
- Celebrity match technology fixes
- Crash on Banuba Viewer close
[0.28.0] - 2020-03-23
- New face recognition and trackig algorithm for realtime (iOS)
- Full Body segmentation can be applied again (iOS)
- Banuba Viewer UI changes
- Adapt Action Units to use new face recognition algorithm (iOS)
- Adapt triggers to use Action Units (iOS)
- Physics behavior for effects on devices with ARKit (iOS)
- Effects render on low-level Android devices
[0.27.2] - 2020-03-12
- Unity openCV error
- Small recognizer fixes for iOS platform
[0.27.1] - 2020-02-27
- ARKit multiface support
- Android strong devices list updated
- Multiface effects render
- Multiface issues
- Crash when processing photo with 2 faces
- Effects render with ARKit on iPhone X
[0.27.0] - 2020-02-19
- Greatly improved face detection in offline mode (iOS, for photos)
- Objective-C full support
- More examples for iOS and Android
- Improved beauty effect
- Lips shine effect improved
- Ability to choose camera from command line on Desktops
- Persistent OpenGL context on Android (don't recreate it after app goes in background)
- Safely ignore GL errors on Android
- Beauty effect is enabled by default
- Lips shine effect
- Neural networks behaviour after face was lost
[0.26.0] - 2020-01-17
- Advanced lips recoloring
- Action Units from ARKit
- x86 support for Windows
- Lazy textures load
- Improve Unity sample effects
- Bokeh effect improved
- Enable beauty by default in sample effects
- Improve acne and bags removal performance
- Hair stands blending perfomance improvement
- Threads leak on Android
- WebGL FPS stabilization
- Memory issue on Android
- Memory issue on iPhone6+
- Crash during rendering on Adreno 610
[0.25.2] - 2020-01-09
- Camera open error on Android
[0.25.1] - 2019-12-31
- Bundle version in xCode project
[0.25.0] - 2019-12-23
- Eye bugs removal
- Neural network based acne removal
ARKitfor face tracking when available
- Eyes state trigger and ruler features in recognizer API
- API to change sound volume from Java Script
- Option to add effect from external folder in sample application (Android)
- Improve API (SDK for browsers)
- Don't reload effect if there was an error in Java Script
- Decrease memory pressure while creating multiple
- Crash on effects with 3 and more faces
- Improved camera FPS on selected low-end Android devices
[0.24.1] - 2019-11-06
- Update documentation with examples of new UI
- Video recording on Android
- Crash after exit from application
- Memory leak on Android
- Crashes when interacting with Android Demo app
[0.24.0] - 2019-11-01
- Glasses detection
- Improved stability (aka jittersing) of face tracking
- Recognition results in Python bindings
- Migration to AndroidX
- New redesigned UI for Banuba SDK Demo AP (Android and iOS)
- Video textures decoding on Android 10
- Crash while going to background on iOS
- Audio recording speed on Android
- Lag during neural networks initialization
- Various camera fixes for Android
[0.23.0] - 2019-10-02
- Neural network based approach to detect faces. Quality, detection angles and speed of face detection was improved
- Neural networks support for Windows and Web.
- Unity plugin
- Sync audio and video during recording on Android
- Fast background on iPhone 6 and lower.
- Correct neural networks behavior during device rotations
- Video textures support (Android 10)
- Crashes on Adreno chipsets
- Stability fixes
[0.22.0] - 2019-08-28
- Lips coloring API in
- Option to switch off face recognition in
- Option to set preferred frame-rate on iOS
- Lips segmentation neural network updated (Android)
- Rendering on Andreno GPUs
- Video texture decoding issue on Android
- Android crash on app coming from background
- Crash on iPhone 5 after video capture
[0.21.0] - 2019-08-05
- Hair and lips recoloring in "Beauty" effect
EffectPlayerthreading model documentation
- SDK features documentation
- API to check if device is compatible with Neural Networks player
BanubaSdkManagercan be instantiated more then once (see "Migration Guides").
- Use background mask transform for background separation layer from
- Sample app signing (iOS)
- Rendering bugs after effect switch
- Correct screenshot size on Android
- "End touch" event (iOS)
[0.20.2] - 2019-07-24
- background separation layer from config.json (Android)
[0.20.1] - 2019-07-17
- Fix photo processing with MSAA enabled on Android
[0.20.0] - 2019-07-12
- Sample ASMR effects
- Render passes
- Rendered frames forwarding as byte arrays (Android)
- Ability to debug JS
- Reset effect cache API call
- Watermark gravity (Android)
- Sample background separation effect blending improved
- Background separation feature respects gyroscope data
- Ignore gyroscope during photo and video processing
- Beauty effect improvements
[0.19.1] - 2019-06-24
- Color post-processing effect
- Face rect API from face recognition result
- Beauty effect improvements
- Post-processing effect (when apply to framebuffer)
- Image glitches and crash in photo editing mode (Android)
[0.19.0] - 2019-06-17
- Bokeh effect example
- Icons cons for sample effects
- New documentation, programming guides added
- Rendering view transformation API
- Post-process library
- Beauty app example
Beautyeffect API parameters:
Beautyeffect api parameters:
- makeup_tex -> eyebrows_tex
- makeup_alpha -> eyebrows_alpha
- eyebrows_tex -> lashes_tex
- eyebrows_alpha -> lashes_alpha
Gravity in effect now respects device orientation
Remove life-cycle methods from
External texture disabled by default (Android)
Action Units sample effect updated
Use only one camera session for all tasks (Android)
Improved photo processing speed
Sound Changer is supplied as separate plugin
Swift 5 support
Gracefully handle exceptions on OS X
Missing and frozen video textures on iOS and Android
Open GL crashes on Android
Neural networks overload on Android
Rendering bugs for Web version
Stretched camera preview (iOS)
[0.18.1] - 2019-05-29
- SVG watermark support (Android)
- Proguard rules for banuba_sdk module (Android)
banuba_sdknow supplied in compiled form
BNBFullImageDatacan be created from RGB
- Suspend frame processing while taking low res photo (Android)
- Beauty effect: return default parameters after animation
- Restart camera preview session on HR photo (Android)
- Video texture freeze (Android)
- Crash during render size change
[0.18.0] - 2019-05-24
- Processing Bitmap and apply current selected effect on it (Android)
- Image editing mode in platform modules (Android)
- Acne removing technology in photo processing
- Watermarks on video (Android)
- Considering device orientation in photo taking
- Ability to setup several listener in EffectPlayer
- Support of Bitmap in FullImageData constructor (Android)
- Universal framework for device and simulator (iOS)
- Added assertions in EffetPlayer life cycle (for video processing)
- Hair segmentation neural network is updated
- Losing face orientation after android activity restart is fixed
- Physics on multiface effects is working correctly
- App has crashed on 32 bit Androids with enabled neural networks
- ActionUnits improvements
[0.17.1] - 2019-04-24
- Exposure settings (iOS)
- Continuous photo rendering with updated parameters
[0.17.0] - 2019-04-18
- Continuous photo rendering with updated parameters
- Conversions-free RGB input support
- Image file processing example (iOS)
- Support for landscape frame input
- API to check Android hardware performance
- Documentation improved
- Swift 4.2 support in example app
- Updated lips segmentation neural network
- Improved rendering quality on high-end Android devices
- Removed duplicate functionality in Android samples
- Correct video orientation (iOS)
[0.16.0] - 2019-04-03
- Neural networks for Android: lips, skin, hair, eyes iris segmentation; background separation.
- Neural networks rendering for Android.
- Full body segmentation neural network for iOS.
- Release binaries for Windows.
- New post process effects: acid whip, cathode, rave.
- x86_64 build variant for iOS simulators.
- Face detection in any orientation (Android).
- Camera FPS increased on Huawei devices.
- Video now paused when app is in background.
- Process screenshot or HQ camera option for Android.
- Performance on low-end Android devices.
- Video textures playback.
- Audio resume after background (Android).
- Launch time on first run (Android).
[0.15.0] - 2019-03-14
- Action Units and Blend Shapes
- Take high resolution photo with effect, camera switch, video recording (Android)
- Post processing stage with simple effects
- New neural network for eyes segmentation (iOS)
- Method to process photo from file readded to API
- Hide eyes if there is no face in test_Eyes effect
- Binary size reduced for iOS
- Photo in Landscape mode on iOS
- Animation position on photos
- Acne removal performance on photos
- Sounds after background (Android)
[0.14.3] - 2019-02-21
- Android crash with external texture
- Rendering area size for iOS
- Java documentation
[0.14.2] - 2019-02-09
- Version number in iOS framework
[0.14.1] - 2019-02-01
- iPad support for Demo app
- Analytics serialization
- New lifecycle: effect is paused before background
- Videoprocessing (desktop only)
- Photo processing optimization
- Android Demo Activity GC optimization
[0.14.0] - 2019-01-15
- Haptic feedback.
- Client API automatically generated both for Java and Obj-C.
- Documantation reflecting Java and Obj-C classes.
- Draw state after VAO modification made by external code (Android).
- Sound session restore on iOS.
- FPS degradation on video textures (Android).
[0.13.3] - 2019-01-15
- Audio session configuration (iOS)
[0.13.2] - 2019-01-14
- Restore old RFX classifier
[0.13.1] - 2019-01-11
- Watermarks on video (iOS only)
- Beauty soft light texture without eye shadows
- Stretched picture during video preview on iOS
- Fix JS call with arguments
[0.13.0] - 2018-12-27
- Ability to modify user's voice (voice changer); iOS only
- Smaller face recognition classifier
- Eyes segmentation textures
- Neural network for face detection (optional, disabled by default)
- Acne removal
- Lips segmentation
- Improved hair segmentation on Android
- BanubaSdkManager improvements on Android
- FPS calculation,
- Overdraw on Android
- Black screen on Mali devices
[0.12.6] - 2018-12-20
- Reverted unnecessary cropping of video pixel buffer
[0.12.5] - 2018-12-19
- Fix video recording for custom size of input frame
[0.12.4] - 2018-12-18
- Functions for retriving effect and screen sizes from js
- Rendering artifacts near eyelid in beauty effect (z-fighting)
- Camera initial mode fix, custom aspect ratio support
- Adjust configuring exposure settings method
[0.12.3] - 2018-12-14
- Fix beautification issues on high resolution
- Fix coordinates conversion in touch event
[0.12.2] - 2018-12-12
- Video recording (copy + flip on BanubaSDK side), memory management improvements
[0.12.1] - 2018-12-11
- Turn off frame_brightness feature by default.
- Enable gyroscope on demand.
- Process image improved Fixed
- Exposure point settings (iOS) Added
- Effect events for Android
- Touch events for android
[0.12.0] - 2018-12-04
- EffectPlayer life cycle methods updated
- Strict checks of surface lifecycle
- Face detection algorithm reverted to more stable implementation
- Resource finding path changed to subfolder (bnb)
- Naming banuba.core -> banuba.sdk (iOS)
- VideoRecording via TextureCache (iOS)
- Search locations in ResourceManager error message
- Ability to setup log level and subscribe to SDK's log callback from client code
- Methods for getting CPU Info on Android
- Experimental neural network support on Android (background separation, hair segmentation) (special build is required)
- Bin record interface in BanubaCore
- Improved error reporting while effect loading
- Beautification effect added to resources (special build is required)
- Process single image method with custom input and output formats (ability to take high-quality photos)
- Experimental skin segmentation NN added on iOS
- Experimental eyes segmentation NN added on iOS
- Ability to flip rendered image along the Y axis
- Touch events on iOS
- Fix pushFrameYVU420 method
- Fix crash in effect_context::update (race condition)
- Return draw error when effect loading failed
- Bokeh effect works on Android,
- Fix slow wireframe in DebugRenderer
- Fix iOS crash in shader compilation
- Fix unpack alignment for textures with
width * componentsnot multiple of 4
- Fix process image when external camera texture
- Fix bg copy MRT on ANGLE WebGL (Web)
- Fix depth test&write state after morph with hair compacting
- Fix min and max possible coordinates (in face recognition)
- Fix exposure point
[0.11.2] - 2018-11-20
- Drawing artifacts on some effects
[0.11.1] - 2018-11-15
- Updated face recognition algorithm.
- Ability to link with simulator on iOS.
- Release number for frameworks fixed
- Fix runtime crash with aligned new on iOS 10
- Correctly stop Effect Player in onDestroy and initialization in onCreate
[0.11.0] - 2018-11-08
- Sound volume control in effect.
- Callback to receive events from effects (mainly for analytics).
- Support for Bokeh effect.
- New face model classifier.
- Rendering performance optimization.
- Various crashes
[0.10.2] - 2018-10-08
- Issues with effects display (black background instead of camera texture).
- Dynamic shadow lag by one frame.
[0.10.1] - 2018-10-05
- Face recognition black mask in effects has fixed on some Android devices.
[0.10.0] - 2018-10-05
- Support of new pixel formats in effect_player::process_frame: RGBA, BGRA, ARGB, RGB, BGR. Not supported in BanubaCore yet.
- Binding EffectPlayer and Recognizer for Python.
- Launch on iOS 10.
- Issue with audio engine lifecycle.
- Render: issue with effect's shadows has been fixed.
- Render: issue with depth buffer on Xiaomi Redmi 4a has been fixed.
- Render optimization:
- Excess loading of 1x1 textures for background and hair masks was removed when these features are not used.
- Color correction for easysnap (lut-textures background loading — speeds up beauty effect loading and small speed up of lut layer rendering).
- Broken effects fixes.
[0.9.1] - 2018-10-02
- Dynamic shadows drawing issue has been fixed (for Banuba 3.0).
- EffectPlayer for Backend major version was raised to 5.0.
- Render performance optimization.
- Beauty Effect for both platforms should be taken from 2b959fa12a966956c6f158ded762b634eac988de or later (update Android effect).
[0.9.0] - 2018-09-28
- A few crashes in face recognition engine were fixed.
- Issue with mask does not respect head volume after switching the effects has been fixed.
- Render performance optimization.
[0.8.6] - 2018-09-24
- Android version assembled with NDK 18.
- Face recognition improved performance, improved anti-tremble, smoothing and so on.
[0.8.5] - 2018-09-21
- Fixed initialization crash.
[0.8.4] - 2018-09-21
- Debug render antialiasing.
- Beautification effect performance has increased.
- Face recognition performance has increased.
[0.8.3] - 2018-09-21
- Binary file size was reduced for iOS (17.7 MB against 19.7 MB).
[0.8.2] - 2018-09-19
- Issues with single frame processing were fixed.
- Performance has improved.
[0.8.1] - 2018-09-14
- Minor render optimizations (excess glGetInteger were removed).
- Low-light feature has been reverted because it has issues.
[0.8.0] - 2018-09-12
- New audio player.
- Callback on low light detection.
- Improvements in face recognition lib (performance in multiface mode has been increased, recognition angles has been increased, predictability of recognition work time has been improved — detection distribution by frames with self scheduler.
- Improvements in render performance (number of passed parameters into shader interpolation were decreased — pixel shaders patch in glfx).
- More accurate draw of the camera image (NEAREST filtration).
[0.7.2] - 2018-09-11
- Issues with
[0.7.1] - 2018-09-07
- Fixed issue with crash in v0.7.0 release.
[0.7.0] - 2018-09-05
- Photo mode frame processing (high resolution frame processing).
- Consistency mode for camera external texture (Android).
- Ability to get the version of EffectPlayer from backend.
- Ability to get the number of rendered frame and pass number in push_frame.
- Face recognition finds face at a large angle (up to 30 degrees).
- Ability to set the texture parameters through suffixes in their names.
- Framework version is transferred to Manifest after building, AAR assembling completely automated (Andorid).
- Fixed issue with context lose on Android.
- Effects with occlusion are fixed.
- Small bug fixes.
- Strong reference on Delegate has been removed in iOS.
[0.6.2] - 2018-08-31
- Fixed deadlock when drawing regular camera texture.
[0.6.1] - 2018-08-29
- Consistent external texture for Android.
- Zeroing face counter on onStop event.
[0.6.0] - 2018-08-21
- Fixed and significantly improved inconsistency modes (was given earlier in unversioned release).
- Images strides from the camera were fixed for Android.
- Fixed issue with long camera initialization.
- Default iOS mode was changed to inconsistency-without-face (was given earlier in unversioned release).
- Updates in gender recognition (works fast and once in 3 seconds at the moment).
[0.5.2] - 2018-07-31
- Possibility to enable inconsistency mode on iOS, it is possible to skip frame processing to render the image.
- Possibility to receive device orientation in script (it is possible to disable background separation according to orientation).
- Possibility to create a few recognizer instances (basically for DiffCat, not yet presented in EP API).
- Possibility to transmit both camera matrix into the script (needed for morphing creation in accordance to distance from camera).
- Recognizer coverage with performance tests has started.
- Potential crash with keeping color_plane was fixed.
- Fixed wrong_fb_after_morph.
[0.5.1] - 2018-07-26
- Beauty settings doesn’t apply issue has been fixed.
- Unnecessary Android resources were removed.
[0.5.0] - 2018-07-24
- Consistency/inconsistency modes switching (Android).
- Blur background.
- Performance collection using systrace (Android).
- 32-bit support (but slow at the moment).
- Possibility to transfer frame number which has come from camera.
- Possibility to disabled background separation and other recognizer features from scripts.
- Switching between external texture and drawing from ImageReader (Android).
- Huawei issues (Android).
- Colors conversion bug fix (color correction).
- Optimized morphing.